Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Happy Now...

From my blog entry of the other day, a few of you may have noticed that I was just a touch miffed at the way Mother's Day turned out.

I'm sure you'll all be relieved to hear that hubby has gone above and beyond to redress the balance.

At 5am this morning I was startled awake by the sound of our car reversing out the drive. Ye Gods! Someone is stealing the car. It then occured to me that hubby was nowhere to be seen.

Fine, he couldn't sleep so he went to work early. Not the way I'd deal with insommnia, but whatever floats his boat!

However, twenty minutes later, the car returned. Just as he tried to sneak in the door I appeared demanding to know exactly what he thought he was doing.
"Buying flowers."
"What?"
"Flowers, for our anniversary."

He woke up at 4.30am, realised he didn't have anything for our anniversary, decided to sneak out to the twenty-four hour petrol station, found some white chrysanthmums, saw the newsagent fellow was sorting out his delivery run and talked him in to selling him an anniversary card, then tiptoed back home!

He's the best! I love him so much!

0 people love me: