Saturday, October 25, 2008

Herb Garden


Bottom left hand corner is Thyme. I use Thyme heaps. Especially when making exploding pumpkin soup - its my secret ingredient.

Across the top is Rosemary. I use this one a lot too. Mostly when I'm making a slow cooked casserole. I think Rosemary is my all time favourite herb.

On the right is Oregano. Don't use this one fresh really. Usually I dry it which seems to intensify the flavour and then it goes in spag bol with home dried basil. Oregano and Basil are best friends.
The white ones are petunias, whilst very pretty they taste foul and I don't recommend eating them. Also, there is grass growing up in the middle of them. If you are a horse then you will think this is great. Or a queasy dog or cat.

5 people love me:

Anonymous said...

I envy your green thumb. I kill everything! I'm surprised the kids have lasted this long.
RC

Sami Lee said...

Growing my own herbs is one of those roundtuit things of mine. I've always wanted to but never get around to it. Yours look very pretty.

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

I must remember the thyme in pumpkin soup...so if you use a lot does that mean it takes longer to explode...lol lol

Oh btw, glad you enjoyed your holiday...how is our weather, so yuck.
At least you were rugged up for those beach days...don't worry summer will be upon us before we know. :)

Unknown said...

LOL Rhian!
Thanks Sami!
Hey Suze!

Sami Lee said...

Growing my own herbs is one of those roundtuit things of mine. I've always wanted to but never get around to it. Yours look very pretty.