Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Talk



Big moment for me yesterday.  Trip to Borders to buy Where Did I Come From?
"Ah," said the shop assistant. "That time has arrived."

Well it had. Kind of.

You see it wasn't Miss 5 had actually asked the question, but I was listening to her discussing the difference between boys and girls with her sister.  Hair length seemed to be the determining factor, but she knew girls could have short hair too, and there things trailed off into a confused silence.

So we get the book home and I'm not even given the chance for a calming cup of tea before I am steered in the direction of the rocking chair and handed the book.  In fact we didn't get very far.  She was only interested for a few minutes and then went off to find something else to do, and I left it at that.

I didn't think she'd taken that much in until later on; Her latest passion is rhyming words and we're going through her usual list... bat-mat, star-car, shoe-poo, chocolate-pockolate... when she turns to me and says "vagina - ?"

Damned if I can think of anything that rhymes with vagina except for angina - which then opened up another whole can of worms.

sigh.

4 people love me:

Kirsty @ Bonjour Quilts said...

Carolina

Unknown said...

LOL :)

Bron said...

hehe about 18 months ago His Maj and I saw sperm on TV. There was a thoughtful silence, then His Maj turned to me and asked "Mummy, what's sperm?" I told him to go ask his father - he was so excited to have a boy, he can deal with it! LOL

Unknown said...

I'm with you there Bron. :)