Friday, November 06, 2009

Last Gasp

Okay and you so thought I wasn't going to make todays post.  Well here I am. 

Just got home from dinner at Berowra Waters Inn with hubby, mumndad and m'sister.

Was a degustation meal and I had...

San Danielle Proscuitto, Duck Liver Parfaist, Mesclun leaves, Carta de Musica - or pate and toast with lettuce for decoration.

Sauteed Potato Gnocci, Wild Mushrooms, Crisp Gunciale, Quail Egg Croustillant - or eggs with mash and mushies

Roast Duck Breast, celeriac, foie gras cromesquis, new season netarine, port - or duck

THEN

Wagyu Scotch Fillet, saute of sweetbread, shiitake mushrooms, asparagus - or beef with mushie sauce

Small cup of cauliflower soup with white truffle - or HEAVEN in a CUP - trust me, I never thought I'd say that about cauilflower anything

THEN

Coconut Panna Cotta, Fresh Mango, strawberries - or a dessert that wobbled like my boobs when I go running with no bra - OH KIDDING - I never run.

Plus more petite fours that you could poke a stick at. Or an ant for that matter, as we endured a flying ant invasion, and they all flew into my hair and tried to eat me, before losing their wings into my glass of New Zealand pinot noir.

Nice.

No seriously it was. A fantastic meal.  Much giggling.

:)

0 people love me: