Friday, February 19, 2010

Text books

Been in to Mac Uni this morning. Have I mentioned lately how much I LOVE that place.  I LOVE IT.  Its just getting ready to kick off into the new Semester next week and the place is abuzz.  Cannot wait to be back there. Can. Not. Wait.

Got my text books :)
We're doing the Great Gatsby - wheee!!

And I am already half-way through the course notes.

Drive Me To Distraction - the book I'm racing to get finished - is practically there.  Got to Chapter 18 last night, so just two more chapters to go. Although, I know there is a fair bit of rewriting in those end bits, so its not going to happen that quickly.  But still, the end is in sight.  Mum and Hubby are deep into proof-reading and are telling me its good so far - they always say that, just in case it gets awful later on!

Whilst at Uni I caught up with an old work friend (Hi Brian :)) and made him go all fainty with Miss 5s birth story (which involved scissors, forceps and heaving on both my and the obstetricians part).  Brian's wife is due in a few weeks and they're just getting through all their birthing classes.  I feel a bit mortified actually, as scaring dads-to-be is one of the things I kind-of promised myself I wouldn't do, and there I was doing it without even thinking.  Sigh. Yes, I have turned into One Of Those Friends - you know, the ones that mean well, but tend to make it all worse!  Anyway, have resolved to Shut The Hell Up in future - yeah, cos I'm good at that.

Now I have to decide.  Do something about the appalling state of the kitchen or go and snuggle in bed with a cup of tea and read, read, read?

:)

7 people love me:

Anonymous said...

The later of tea and reading appeals!

I know it's not nice to "Tell the Story" to nearly Dad's, but I LOVE the reaction and face pulling they do ..... my evil streak wins again!

xxxxxx

Being Me said...

I hope you're not reading this... BECAUSE YOU'RE SNUGGLED IN BED READING WITH YOUR CUP OF TEA. One of us has to be lucky enough to get the time and space to do it.

How excitement! Textbook time.

Loz said...

Don't worry, I have scared many a mum-to-be with my birth story...I wish I could eat my words sometimes!! Gah, those birth classes are crapola..we need more real mum stories!

Unknown said...

LOL Miss 40, I heartily approve of your evil streak :)

Thanks being me, did go to bed and did read, bliss.

Yeah, Loz the birth classes were pretty useless, but at least I met some friends there. :)

Kellyansapansa said...

I'm so jealous. I would love to be studying something for pleasure, rather than finishing off compulsory subjects that aren't really that interesting!

Loz said...

Don't worry, I have scared many a mum-to-be with my birth story...I wish I could eat my words sometimes!! Gah, those birth classes are crapola..we need more real mum stories!

Miss 40 said...

The later of tea and reading appeals!

I know it's not nice to "Tell the Story" to nearly Dad's, but I LOVE the reaction and face pulling they do ..... my evil streak wins again!

xxxxxx