Monday, November 22, 2010

Connecting

Been making Honey Joys for the school's christmas markets.

It was hard work, on a day when the kids have been brain-suckingly horrific, but I really love being a part of the school community and contributing in this way.

Its been a day of connecting today.  Connection for me is something that is really important.  When I walked away from my first marriage I was desperately isolated.  Breathtakingly alone.  Now my life is overflowing with people, so much so that I sometimes get overwhelmed by it.  But not today.  Today I've had coffee and laughter, phone calls and laughter and setting the world to rights and chatting and helping and advising and text messages and IM chats and discussions in the car park and bumping into people in the supermarket and the newsagent.

Yeah, the kids have been hard-work, and I'm drained and tired, but looking back over today the feeling of connectedness and sense of belonging, makes me smile.

Its been a good day.

2 people love me:

Kirsty @ Bonjour Quilts said...

Yay, all you need to do is sit on a whoopee cushion and your day will be complete!

Glad to hear you had a good one.

Sarah said...

Yay! Glad to hear that you are not isolated.. btw, what are honey joys? They look kinda yummy.. lol