Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Sty

I have a new apron.  I also have a house that looks a lot like a pigsty.  So today I combined the two and wore my apron to muck out my pigsty.  (My hair is in a pony tail and yes I should smile).

At the end of Phase One (the bedrooms) I ended up with a dirty clothes pile that blocked the doorway to the other end of the house.

Despite perplexing the dog, this pile served the worthy purpose of stopping me from having to look at the state of the TV room (Phase three).  Which is as illustrated below.
I have also run out of washing powder, leading me to believe (somewhat cheerfully) that I may not get to Phase Three until at least the weekend.

hmm.

Finally, and seriously, my heart goes out to everyone in NZ, and the Pike River miner's families in particular. My sister worked underground as a mining engineer in various coal mines for many years. I know what it's like to live with the knowledge that a loved one spends their working day kilometres beneath the surface - mostly you don't try to think too hard about it, and put your faith in the safety procedures that every mine has in place.  There is nothing else you can do.  It's beyond ghastly, what has happened, just devastating.

2 people love me:

di crane said...

you look downright skinny, girl!

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

I was just thinking the same thing di! Must be the stress of housework! Stop it now!
And yes very sad about the miners :(