Monday, May 16, 2011

Happy Anniveristary

Today is Hubs and my 7th Wedding Anniveristary.

We are still in the 48% of marriages that don't fail.  Neither of us have any idea how. Our main theories of a long and happy marriage are as follows..

  • If you are angry, yell at each other and slam doors a lot
  • If you are going to get fat, do it together (preferable whilst watching the biggest loser)
  • Blame each other's parents for any problems the children may have
  • Have one set of rules for yourself, another set for everyone else in the house, be vigilant about enforcing these rules
  • Let resentment fester, and always go to sleep on an argument, preferable in separate rooms
  • Make sure one person is a tea person, the other is a coffee person
  • Make sure one person is a dog person and the other a cat person
  • Make sure neither of you are children people
  • Argue about small and pointless things, eg, which parking space to park in.
  • Never, ever, not ever under any circumstances admit you may be even a teeny weeny slightly bit WRONG.
Love yooooo.

:)

11 people love me:

Tenille @ Help!Mum said...

Sweet! My marriage is set!

Happy anniversary :-)

Caitlyn Nicholas said...

LOL :) And thanks, its a miracle we got this far!!

Mel said...

Happy Anniversary!!
DH and I live by the same theories and we celebrate # 22 this summer.

Caitlyn Nicholas said...

TWENTY TWO - OMG, have to have a little lie down at the very thought.  

Thanks Mel :)

Robin Daily said...

Great advice for when my fiance and I get married! :-)

Caitlyn Nicholas said...

From what I'm hearing in the comments and on twitter, I'm onto the winning formula here!!  

Kim M. said...

I laughed out loud at this post, but...to be honest, those rules are how my husband and I have lasted as long as we have. We will celebrate 18 years in September.

Caitlyn Nicholas said...

GAH, EIGHTEEN, I am such a baby at this!! 

Sami Lee said...

Happy anniversary... I like the cold shoulder myself, and a complete inability to read each other's minds. Those have always done my marriage wonders. 

Diana said...

LOL. I love your theories. Happy Anniversary....  

Paola said...

Action Man and I are coming up to 20 years married in July. How have we gotten this far? Low expectations. If your expectations are low, your spouse doesn't disappoint. They don't have to do much to exceed expectations, and when they do, they are the GREATEST person ever!
Works for us!