Monday, May 21, 2012

Kids Favourite Snack

For some reason we've ended up with about four litres of yoghurt in the fridge, and some of it is getting close to its use by date.

Miss 6 won't touch yoghurt in its liquid form.  However, freeze it, and she'll eat nothing else :)  To make my frozen yoghurt drops I simply cover a tray in baking paper and drop teaspoons of yoghurt onto it.
That's about 200ml yoghurt
I stick this in the freezer, and a couple of hours later take it out and put the frozen drops into freezer bags.  She will even force herself to eat bolognese sauce to get one of these :)

Of course the leftovers had to be put to good use by me :)
Arvo tea

2 people love me:

Rachael Blair said...

Oooh thanks for this idea. Must try it!

Pergola Designs said...

Ingenious :)  Kids are really weird sometimes. But Mommas know how to get around those times. Haven't done this yet so I'm gonna see how my kids react even if they're ok with yoghurt's natural state.