Thursday, November 22, 2012

The Danger Game

At the start of 2012 I set myself a writing goal. To get one of my stories contracted.  It was my return to publishing after a bit of a break, and I didn't want to over-do it - I'm well experienced in how stressful getting a book out into the market place can be.

Of course I forgot about the whole be careful what you wish for part of wishing for things.  And thus find myself at the end of the year with one newly minted story out there and another following just weeks behind.

Woo!
Escape Launch: Amy, Kat, Cait, Charlotte and Sophie
Me, at the Escape Publishing Launch
With some very lovely ladies
Now you may have seen me talking about my 'December Release' but only quietly. This was because I was sworn to silence until the Escape Publishing Launch last Wednesday. BUT at the launch (where we were NOT talking about work, honest) it was mentioned that we needed a new name for my 'December Release.' We've had a bit of back an forth over the name, but now, finally I can announce that the story you may have seen mentioned as Dark Moon Rising is now....

The Danger Game

Reason for the change? Dark Moon Rising sounded like it should have were-wolves in it.
The Danger Game does not have any were-wolves, no vampires, no shape shifters, not even a passing fruit bat.  No, but it does have an adorable geeky heroine named Flick, and a smouldering sexy hero called Ben.  A rogue cyber-war program, a dastardly baddie, and a pervy chap called Liam.

The final release date is going to be confirmed in the next few days, and the cover will be revealed any day now as well :) I do know that its going to be out in early December.

Woo indeed.

1 people love me:

Veronica Foale said...

Exciting! I am slowly reading Drive me to Distraction (between NaNo and needy children) and thoroughly enjoying it, so knowing you've got something else coming out is great! YAY.